Sunday, April 08, 2007

Growing Up

Posted by Picasa

This lady (one of my companions over past 6 months), reminded me of my childhood days when I would wear my dad's boots, shirt and pant and go to work...every evening after he came back from work. I owe everything in my life to him and my mom.

Every evening awaiting patiently
For the dsitinct knock at the door
And the door bell going Ting-Tong
Just as the clock rang
The seventh ding dong.

His coming home was -
A break from those boring home works,
Tumbling over my mom's laid offgaurds.
Awaiting at the door,
Struggling to reach the knob,
That was under mom's lock
Still letting me have him in,
Giving a false illusion of
My kingdom is in luck.

Came lurking behind
My crawling brother...
Whom would be justput back in Que
After me, for father.

I will be waiting to share
The complainsOf morning afternoon and day,
Against Mom - force feeding me to,
Brunch lunch and dinner,
Making me a fatty little sinner.
Against little toddler -
Not taking commands from the elder,
And not playing with me on order.
I will be waiting to go to work,
In and around the house,
In a car, through traffic,
For next few hours,
Showing attitude to my mom,
For being the buzziest child born ever,
Till the clock would ring the Ding- dong
And my break would be gone,
Telling me to return to my boring homeworks,
Which honestly I never wanted to be done!!

As a kid I hated that CLOCK in our house and since i learnt pretty early how a clock works, I was compelled by my innermost sheepish soul to slow down time for better :) (all to mom and dad)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful memories :)
Now that kid has got the shoes on, on the wrong feet, right? :)
I hated the clock too - it always seemed either too fast or too slow :)

I am said...

@iris: yupp, :))

Anonymous said...

Good Good :) -I

Akira said...

Inspite of all those admonishments and restraints...we still want to go back to those days na?...

Made a cute read..

Unknown said...

Awesome picture. Lovely poem. Somehow I have no such memories with dad. More with my grandma and mom. Well. That is what happens if you have a mad scientist as a dad, I guess!

Lovely poem Tanu. Kya kya karti hain? Photography, blogging..wildlife study .. way to go!!

Shyam said...

:) good pic and nice text to go with it.