Saturday, May 19, 2007

Her Blanket


18th March, 2007, Bhunyapara Range, Manas Tiger Reserve (Bodoland), Assam

Zeti' (meaning elder aunt in assamese) told 'Abar ahibo' (come again) before I left for Gwuahati. That's the farthest her world was. Wanted to buy her a blanket since she had none. Went back couple of weeks back but she was not there. Neighbours told "we have not seen her for a while must have gone to her son's place". I believed the neighbours and remebered her eyes wondering, if I ever will be able to give her the blanket again!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey TanuBis,
you could have just thrown it into her hut or something.. .or left it with the neighbors... or tried to see how good some courier service was [like the people who claim to move the world and all that]:)

SimblyDimply said...

Touching story. One of the few moments when we feel life's unformed simplicity and sensitivity..