Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The fire within - Bryce Canyon NP


The last day we took off to Bryce Canyon to see the sunrise. Camping was out of question because of outside temperature being less than 27 deg F. So we stayed in a place 17 miles away from Bryce. It was worth waking up at 4am to see the sunrise. Here is a shot of the sun, lighting the fire within the Hoodoo's. These are limestone and sandstone formation from geological ages subjected to constant wind erosion. Bryce is a photographer's paradise for me, it's one of the most beautiful places I have been in my life, and definately the BEST one in US.
Shot details a = 4.0 and s = 1/60s, 29th May 2006.Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tripti said...

This snap is suprebbb :) and the reflection one too , gives a whole new dimension :)

I am waiting to see other snaps too

aequo animo (advocatus diaboli) said...

Another very good shot( its getting redundant to repeat this ). Good catch of the curious interplay between light and colors.

Relatively Speaking said...

Nice ! beautiful shot ! Seems like you had lot of fun :) I regret not having done any of those canoyon/nat'l park trips while I was in Logan.